If you are in the market for apartment movers, do not make the mistake of going with a fly by night operation instead of enlisting the help of an established and professional Houston moving company. The size of your apartment has nothing to do with the value or importance of the personal belongings and objects within it, so why trust the moving of your things to anyone but the best? By finding the right apartment movers, you can ensure more peace of mind in the experience from start to finish.
5 Reasons to Get Professional Houston Apartment Movers Via a Moving Company
Moving belongings from your apartment to a new home or business is something people should take quite seriously. Finding the cheapest mover in Houston may not equate with the most professional and careful movers in the city. Look for a moving company that is well-established, credible, and is highly regarded in the industry.
Five reasons to choose apartment movers from a reputable moving company include:
- Solid estimates. Some apartment moving crews may offer quotes by phone or online, and while it can be a convenience for apartment residents, it can also be a big mistake. When giving a moving quote over the phone or online, it is done so based on the resident’s estimations, which may or may not be correct. An incorrect estimation could result in a drastic change in price in the quote. A reputable moving company should give you an in-person moving quote that will generally have a higher degree of accuracy than those quotes given over the phone or online.
- Professionalism. While some do it yourselfers and movers are capable of moving belongings from point A to point B, it does not ensure they can do so while carefully protecting these items from harm, especially with the obstacles of tight corners, small spaces, and stairwells that apartments typically come with. Experts will have access to moving tools such straps to secure items in place and dollies for transporting heavy items safely. These individuals also know how to properly load a moving van in terms of using space effectively and distributing the weight of the boxes, and they have the stamina to do so.
- Obstacles. Apartments generally have multiple floors which means that movers will likely need to utilize the stairs for moving purposes. While getting a grandfather clock or entertainment center down a flight of stairs might present a challenge to a crew that is not experienced or trained to handle such objects, it is just another day at the office for a professional moving company.
- Cumbersome items. Even in apartments, there can be items such as pianos that require more than typical household furniture. This type of specialty item must not only be well protected to keep it from sustaining damage during the moving process, but it must also be properly handled to get it from the apartment to the truck and into its final destination safely. A well-cared for piano will be music to your ears when handled by a professionally trained team of Houston movers.
- Less damage. There are unique tricks of the trade used by professional movers such as balancing the weight in a packed box, crating or packaging specialty items, and wrapping furniture to keep it from getting dirty and sustaining nicks or scratches. Taking these precautions should minimize damage both in and out of the moving truck. Packing and unpacking services for everything from boxes to furniture to paintings is critical to ensure these items arrive to their new destination in their original condition.
What to Look for in Reputable Houston Apartment Movers
A city as big as Houston has an abundance of movers but be forewarned that not every crew has the right skills or a sterling reputation. To ensure the best possible experience on moving day, it is recommended to look for the following in an apartment mover:
- Longevity. Companies that have been in business for decades have built up a reputation and have done a good enough job to remain in business over the years. These professionals have seen Houston grow and are usually familiar with the geography of most areas of the city, which is extremely helpful in one of the largest cities in the U.S.
- Ownership. Look for a company that has been under the same ownership. Professional moving companies with family names emblazoned on their moving trucks generally have more of a responsibility to uphold the family name because they are creating brand awareness everywhere the moving trucks go.
- Reputation. Online reviews are easy to get to these days, but not all provide accurate information. For good moving reviews, also consider talking to past clients of the company. They can let you know if their experience was positive, which will help you better form an opinion of the right moving company for you.
- Range of services. It can be a good idea to go with a company that offers packing and unpacking services to get the most out of your experience. Choosing a company that also has the ability to store items for a short time is also an added benefit. The more moving services a professional moving company offers, the more adept they can be in helping their clients in multiple types of situations.
- Credentials. A moving company should be insured and be able to offer you their Texas Department of Motor Vehicles and U.S. Department of Transportation numbers. A company without these official designations should not be used as it is risky.
If you or someone you know are searching for apartment movers or local movers in Houston, consider the above five reasons to enlist the help of a professional moving company, and then go the extra mile to ensure that the movers you choose also have several other considerations such as longevity, a good reputation, and a wide range of services in place. Together, these elements should help you choose seasoned and reputable apartment movers that can make the experience pleasant and stress-free.